Mizzou Student Chapter of the
American Institute of Floral Designers Minutes
September 3, 2013: 5:30pm-7:00pm
- Introduced ourselves, and enjoyed pizza!
- Treasurers Report
- Sara reported a balance of approx. $800 in the SAIFD account
- 3. Old Business
- AIFD Symposium
i. Members talked about symposium experience and shared a slideshow of pictures.
- Fall Round-Up
i. Whitney reported on what we did at Fall Round Up: booth w/pictures, business cards w/meeting date, talked to freshman.
- 4. New Business
- Dues for this year — Yearly and Semester.
i. Kelsey made a motion that Spencer seconded to make the dues $15.00/year, vote passed.
- Officer Elections
i. Lesleighan made a motion to use updated application for officer elections to be due on Oct. 4th; Spencer seconded and the motion passed.
- Budget for this year
i. Sara presented budget of last year’s expenditures/income. Lesleighan made a motion to table the budget until completion and updating to fit current year; Hannah seconded and motion passed.
ii. Hannah, Whitney, and Lesleighan are preparing budget numbers for public classes.
- Classes and Dates
i. Whitney presented public class information and dates for the year. Sara moved to accept them; Kelsey seconded and the motion passed.
- Whitney is preparing flyer for blog and other websites for Tiger Wreath class on Sep. 18th
- Hannah, Whitney, and Lesleighan are preparing rough budget numbers for class expenditures, to decide what advertising methods we can afford.
- Hannah putting first class in CAFNR Info.
- Sara/Kim preparing paypal to accept payment for classes.
- Tiger Garden Grand Re-Opening
i. Kelly explained and dates were announced to be: Sep. 23rd-Sep 28th
- Meeting Days/Times
i. Kelsey is creating a survey to be sent to check for availability on meeting dates/times.
ii. Next meeting is Tues. Sep. 10th at 5:30pm w/ cupcake decorating!
- Presentations at Meetings-Sign Up
i. Lesleighan motioned to table sign-ups until next meeting when more members could be presented; Hannah seconded and motion passed.
- Lesleighan volunteered to do this at the next meeting with a cupcake decorating activity.
i. Kim is following up on prices.
- New Ideas/Goals for the year
i. Bigger membership/increased activity
ii. Fun meetings
- Kelly is going to talk to Jan to get us on the official club list, Christa to email Plant Science majors about club meetings, and Melissa to possibly send to Hospitality Management kids to help meet these goals.